Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holy Vegan, Bat Toast


Have you tried The Pioneer Woman's recipe for cinnamon toast?


I won't say it will change your life.  But I bet it will change your snack.

It's not even worth mentioning how simple it is to veganize.  The only difference I've found is that the Earth Balance tends to almost liquefy when you blend in the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.  But that just makes it easier to spread.  Vegan score!

So have a snack.  It's especially fine on a slice of Vegan Dad's everyday whole wheat bread - the whole wheaty goodness gives it an oomph, making it a better choice than even my beloved pumpkin brioche (that's OK, brioche - I have a new use for you.  Just wait and see).  Not a ridiculous Luddite with enough time to bake your own bread?  Just use whatever you have.  I won't mind, as long as you share.


Bat cutters are optional, of course.  In fact, The Girl ruined my Halloween vibe by requesting train toast.


Yup, that's a train.  We also have a dinosaur cutter and puzzle pieces.  Those turn out better.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some serious noshing ahead of me.  Tune in tomorrow, same cinna-bat time, same cinna-bat channel.


2 comments:

CraftyEarthMama said...

Ooh, these would be super good with a cup of hot tea.

Kate said...

We're still having highs in the eighties here, so I enjoyed mine with a glass of iced coffee - I'm looking forward to blowing the dust off my box of Celestial Seasonings!