Monday, October 31, 2011

Going Out With a Dang...


Hiya, MoFoers!

It's Halloween.  And just in case you haven't gotten your requisite annual cavity yet, here's a plate of sticky buns for your approval:


This is to use up that last little chunk of pumpkin brioche dough.  You know, the one that's just not enough for another loaf (or is, but you don't want any more bread).  This is mad easy.  All you need are my recipe notes, which are tucked in my copy of Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, which is currently laying on my kitchen counter top.  I, however, am currently sitting on my mother's couch watching my daughter play tug-of-war with Gretchen the Dog, which according to Google Maps is 67.8 miles from said kitchen counter. Sorry, gang.  I'll be home on Thursday, so if you're curious you can check back over the weekend to see what I did.  Hint: it involves brown rice syrup, walnuts, dried cranberries, and love.  Lots and lots of love.

I did love all this vegan cooking I've done over the past month.  It's been fun to revisit my favorites, to try out some things I've always wanted to make, and to be seduced by all the new and exciting delicacies (John P.'s squash casserole and rye biscuits, I am talking to you).  Thanks for all the good times, gang - it's been another splendidly plantriffic October!

I'll be back tomorrow for an epilogue to my 2011 MoFo experience.  Until then!  And thanks again for an extraordinary thirty-one days.

1 comments:

GiGi said...

Oh man I can't guess. Have a great time at your mom's. Look forward to keeping up with your Blogs after MoFo. Great to meet you.